Patients can expect:
- the right to be greeted in a welcoming manner in all circumstances
- the right to confidentiality with privacy and dignity being respected
- a clear explanation of care and treatment
- to have the right to ask questions and have them answered regarding care and treatment
- information on services offered by the practice to be available in the practice booklet
- to be seen within 20 mins of their booked appointment or if there is a delay to be given an explanation and offered an alternative appointment
- to be given an appointment the same day for urgent medical cases
- to be offered an appointment within a realistic timeframe for non-urgent cases
- repeat prescriptions ordered before 3.30pm to be available for collection after 2pm the following day
- in an emergency a doctor who can be contacted at all times during the day or night
- a named person to deal confidentially and promptly with any complaint, comment or suggestion you may have about the services we provide
With this commitment we attempt to provide the best possible service for you; this will be achieved by working together. Help us to help you.
You can help us by:
- being responsible by keeping appointments, or giving adequate notice to the practice if you wish to cancel
- being on time for appointments
- remembering that an appointment is for one person only
- night visits should only be asked for if the medical problem cannot wait until the next morning
- home visits should not be requested except for the housebound and seriously ill. All non emergency calls should be made before 10.30 am if possible.
- informing the practice of any change in your details
- treating us with the courtesy that you would wish to receive.
We welcome all constructive comments you may have about your local health services